Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year - Ring in 2010 Safely

If I ever had any idea of going out for New Year's Eve, all I had to do was go to town earlier today and my mind was changed very quickly.  As early as 2:30 this afternoon there were already crazies out and about.

I've never really been big on going out on New Year's Eve anyway - it's amateur night, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to get a refresher course on why I choose to stay in.  Aside from the very noticeable energy in the air, people are just not themselves today.  It's all about the parties, the idea of the start of a new year, new beginnings, and throwing all caution to the wind for one last time before the year is officially over.  All of these ingredients do not mix well, nor do they make for good decisions and safety.

I hope that everyone exercises caution tonight and makes it to see 2010 with nothing more than a hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment