Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 11

It is Day 11 of my 100,00 step challenge, and Day 5 without my wheelchair.  I am way ahead of schedule on the 100,000 steps with 95,140 steps left to go!

Being without the chair has been really scary, but it has also been really great.  Every time I start to feel like I might cave and use the chair for a day of rest, I tell myself that I won't get anywhere without hard work.  It is hard using just the walker, but I can remember a day when it was much, much harder.  That day wasn't that long ago.  It used to be all I could do to just take a few steps or stand and balance, and now I am doing dishes, laundry, cooking, etc.  I can't wait to see what I'm able to do in another month or so.

I took it easy this weekend since I am feeling a bit under the weather.  I relaxed and watched movies with my daughter and only did what was absolutely necessary.  Even resting, I have still logged some really high step counts, and that makes me feel really good.

I took a fall in the middle of the night Friday night and skinned my knee.  It's sore to the touch on one side but I can tell I didn't tear anything, it's just bruised.  I actually got excited!  It's my first fall and my first skinned knee in so many years I can't even remember.  I'm proud of my first walking "boo-boo"!  Besides, I'm going to fall.  I'm going to have times when I feel like I just can't go on.  But it's those times that make me stronger.

Step count today:  755
Left to go:  94,606

No comments:

Post a Comment