Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 16

Today is the third day I have taken to rest by spending it in my wheelchair.  As much as it pains me to have to use it, I am injured and must take care of that first and foremost.  Both my knee and my ankle are still sore, but they are healing.

My plan is to maybe spend the weekend in the chair as a precaution to ensure both joints get plenty of rest, and while I'm in the chair I will make the best of it by getting my home prepared for more walking.  I will do the chores that are very hard to do while walking, so that when I am walking, I can relax.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Now is the time to take advantage (so to speak) of being more mobile and quick.  I'll get some meals prepared and get the house clean.  I will do some much needed yard work as well, that will take a lot off my mind and allow me to focus on my rehabilitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment