Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 17

Day 17 and I am still resting.  I'm starting to feel a bit restless, but each time I stand up I can feel the knee ache and the ankle is still swollen and sore.  I must take care of those injuries, but it's starting to wear on my patience.  Every other part of my body wants to get up and walk.  All in good time I suppose.

It's finally a beautiful day again today, perhaps I will go take my frustrations out at the park and do a few miles in the chair.  I have yet to fix that caster, but it would be a good workout nonetheless.  I could use some social interaction anyway.  I've been cooped up in this house for days, and that is yet another thing that is really starting to weigh heavy on my mind and soul.

I had a bit of a revelation about the "vampires" in my life today.  Those people who suck the life right out of you by either being constantly negative, or too needy and dependant on others.  My revelation is that I've had enough of those people and allowing them to drain me dry.  I am on a very difficult journey, and I need a support structure.  I no longer have the time or the strength to deal with those who cannot do for themselves.  Afterall, if I'm ever going to walk again, I have to be strong, for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment