Friday, January 8, 2010

Fear #2 - Fatigue

Squashed.

Another one of my fears of ditching the chair was getting so fatigued that I would be unable to do much more than make trips to the bathroom.  Although I am feeling a bit tired, it's nothing I can't overcome, and won't lessen with more weight loss.  When I'm not carrying around 50-60 extra pounds I'll be able to walk farther and more frequently before becoming so fatigued. 

I am able to do much more than I realized I would.  I've done chores, taken a shower, fixed meals... the list goes on.  Even though I do feel like I'm running the marathon at times, I keep reminding myself how good it is for me and trudge on. 

As my strength increases, the fatigue will decrease.  So, that big fear that kept me from getting up out of that chair, was just that, a fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment