Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 62

I'm starting to imagine myself walking more and more.  My brain is making the switch from thinking it needs the wheelchair, to thinking about grabbing the walker, and my legs taking me where I need to go.  As I was lying in bed last night getting ready to fall asleep, an image of myself walking outside in my yard popped into my head.  I was thinking about how badly I need to finish washing the outside of the house, and as I pictured myself scrubbing the stairs, I was standing and using my walker.  That's a first.  I got so used to sitting in that damn chair, that I would always just picutre myself sitting and think about how I was going to manage from that position. 

In my actual dreams since I got sick I am always walking, but in my normal every day fantasies, I usually think about how hard it would be to do something, or I go over the processes I would need to take to do something.  It's always such a process with the wheelchair.  Will I fit through the doorways, we need to make sure there is room for my chair in the car, etc etc etc.  I'm starting to lose that, so much so that I have forgotten my wheelchair at home and had to go back and get it because I do still need it for shopping, etc.  I would say that is a really good sign that things are changing for the better.

Step count today:  455

P.S. - Eleven pounds lost and it's already getting easier to walk.  I can't wait to feel what 30 gone is going to be like!

No comments:

Post a Comment