Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 68

It really is amazing how much stronger I have gotten.  It has taken some time, that's for sure, but doesn't everything that's worth while?

Yesterday, I was actually able to climb the steps halfway, then turn around and go back down.  I was cleaning them and just did it without even thinking.  I remember when it was all I could do to climb the steps, period.  I shook like a leaf, had to pick up my right leg with my left hand and place it on the next step, had to fully concentrate so as to not fall flat on my face, and was completely exhausted by the time I got to the top.  Now I'm climbing up and down them better than ever, and I can't remember the last time I had to use my hand to lift my leg.

We are switching which door we use as the main door from our back door, to the "mud" room door like it should be used, and I had thought maybe that would be an issue since it's a swing-out door instead of sliding glass, but I maneuvered it without a problem.  I swear some days I scare myself!

Any doubts I may have thad about walking again on my own are gone.  It will take some more time and lots of effort, but nothing will stop me now.

Step count today:  402

No comments:

Post a Comment