Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 179

So, techically, I didn't walk the full 1,100 steps today, however, what I did walk was so extremely difficult that it felt like I had walked 1,000 so I gave myself that much.  If you've ever walked in thick sand, you know what I mean, and if you've ever walked in thick sand uphill, you really know what I mean.  It's not easy to do when you're able bodied, but for me, ugh, it was the hardest thing I've done to date, and I did it in 90-something degree heat.  I certainly wasn't properly prepared.  I was dehydrated from the start, hadn't eaten hardly anything, and was wearing black and grey.  At one point I thought I might tip over from heat stroke, but I sat down and gave myself a few minutes to compose.  I made it, and afterwards felt a wonderful sense of accomplishment and I can still feel the sand under my feet!



Step count today:  1,100

Steps I'm behind:  7,261

No comments:

Post a Comment