Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Adjusting

I am having a harder time adjusting to being back in Florida than I've had going from wheelchair to walker. 

All I want to do is go back to Minnesota.

Speaking of adjusting to the walker... it will be three weeks tomorrow that I have been without my chair.  I'm very proud of that.  On  top of that, I've only had to use a wheelchair three times in that three weeks.  Once for Niagara Falls, and twice here at home when I went to the grocery store and the mall. 

My confidence when using the walker has improved dramatically.  I still walk slow, but I just don't care, I am walking, that's all that matters to me!   If anyone gets gutsy enough to ask me what happened, I'll just tell them I flipped my last Corvette going 200 mph, and that's why my tag on this one says "LastOne", because it's the last one I'll ever own provided I don't flip it, too. (technically it belongs to my father, but in the interest of story-telling I will just pretend it's mine ;-) He likes when I drive it because I am forced to use my walker)

My clothes are hanging off of me and I've lost another 15 pounds since I left for vacation, so that rocks!  With every pound that comes off, it just makes it that much easier to walk.

I am slowly getting back to my former self.  In fact, it seems unreal how far I've come in just a few weeks.  I can't wait to see where I am in a few months!

Step count today:  726

Steps I'm ahead:  452

No comments:

Post a Comment