Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 243: Five Weeks!

Today marks five weeks with no wheelchair!  Five weeks I have been walking with a walker, and I am getting stronger!

I can really feel a difference in my legs with each step I take.  It still hasn't quite sunk in that I might someday be walking somewhat normal again, but I think that's just the pessimist in me not wanting to count her chickens before they hatch. 

I am getting stronger.  It's almost unbelievable that I am able to say those words.  I still have my days when it seems like it's taking so long, and there is so much pain, that I have to remind myself how far I've come.  Then there are days like today when I'm an emotional wreck because I just can't believe how much I am progressing in such a short period of time.  I can't believe it took me this long to try, and now I am getting better.  I just can't believe it.

Step count today:  936

Steps I'm ahead:  7,327

2 comments:

  1. I had a weird thought when I read this last night. Probably due to so many of my friends having babies right now, so please bear with me.

    It's kind of like you're going through a pregnancy, but instead of a helpless baby, you're giving birth to a new you. By the time you've been 40 weeks without the chair, you're going to be a completely new person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not so weird.

    I can't wait to see where I am 40 weeks from now. Geographically, I will be back up there, but physically, let's hope I am a whole new me!

    Thanks Wendy.

    ReplyDelete