Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 259: The Pain of Overdoing It

Without thinking, I was pretty much non-stop yesterday.  I even washed the car mostly by myself.  The problem with doing that is the next day;  when the pain reminds you that sometimes you can overdo things.  Today is one of those days.  I woke up and thought, "oh boy, I'm in trouble!" 

The good news is I'm doing these things without constantly thinking about how difficult it will be, and that's a huge change.  It's only after I begin that I realize I'm getting a little fatigued and might need to sit for a minute.  I used to think "I should wash the car", and then immediately would think "man that would be a lot of pain and work".  Yesterday I just started doing it, then thought "wow, my legs kinda hurt maybe I should sit for a minute".  I'm loving this change in me after only seven weeks.

Step count today:  757

Steps I'm ahead:  16,488

No comments:

Post a Comment