Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 263: Eight Weeks!

I took a couple of days off from writing in my blog, but I still kept track of my steps on the ticker.  I am now over 17,000 steps ahead and have only a little over 10,000 to go before I hit my goal!  That just seems so unreal to me!  I would dare say I didn't take a total of 1,000 steps in the twelve years I was in that chair!

It will be eight weeks tomorrow that I have been without my wheels, and I can hardly believe how far I've come in such a short span of time.  Eight weeks seems like a lot to some, but for me eight weeks is a blink.  Considering I spent twelve years in that stupid chair, eight weeks is nothing. 

I still have to stop and think about all the changes I am going through just to make sure I am improving.  I know that I am, but with such a long journey one can forget how hard things used to be versus how they are now.  The biggest change I have noticed is my thought processes.  I don't think so much about things, I just do them.  It used to be that I would think about doing a task, then I would think about the steps I would need to take to do it and how hard it would be, and I would subsequently talk myself out of it -- confident I would be too inadequate physically.  Now I just start something without thinking, and maybe realize halfway through I might have gotten myself in over my head.  By that point who cares!  The fact that I'm doing things on a more normal level mentally is just another huge step in the healing.  Yay!

I am still planning and working hard toward my move to Minnesota next summer.  I am shooting for July 1, 2011.  That seems so far away, but really it isn't, especially considering what a huge job - and expsense - moving cross-country will be.  I just hope I am ready and all goes smoothly. 



Step count today:  822

Steps I'm ahead:  18,245

No comments:

Post a Comment