Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stalemate


I find myself at a stalemate lately. Not just with my blog, but life in general. I spent basically an entire year in my apartment, not really doing much, or going many places, and now that it's a new year, I think it's time for a new me. The "me" that was 2011 has to go.

I have been assessing my strength; thinking back to when I first began and how extremely difficult it was to do even the smallest of chores. I can honestly say I've come a very long way. I might not be running marathons quite yet, but I'm definitely on the right track.

Although still using a walker, I have plans to graduate to my crutches. Since it's winter here, and slippery outside most of the time, I will still use the walker outdoors, but it's time to say goodbye. It has become to "easy" for me. I lean on it too much, and I need to push myself to use my muscles. I will use the crutches indoors, and when Spring rolls around I will hopefully be strong and confident enough to venture outdoors with the crutches and get rid of the walker all together.

I am very glad 2011 is over, and although it was a very tough year for me, I have let it go and am determined to move forward. Dwelling on the past is a waste of time and energy that can be much better spent focusing on making the changes neccessary to continue to get stronger and hopefully rid myself of all walking aids one day.

2 comments:

  1. I feel bad. I've dropped the ball on connecting with you and getting you out of the house. I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nonsense. You have nothing to feel bad about. Friendship works both ways, and if things got bad enough I know I could reach out to you and you would be there.

    I honestly think I needed that year to adjust to my new way of life. I have a car now, but I still stay home. I think I'm just old. LOL.

    I appreciate your apology, even though it's completely unnecessary. I know you care, and that's what matters. :)

    ReplyDelete