Thursday, March 29, 2012

Update...

This is a rather quick update to my last post, but I am so excited it couldn't wait.

In regard to my walking versus "swinging"... since waking I have forced myself to actually walk, step by step, as I should, instead of swinging my legs under me.  I have probably taken a total of a couple hundred steps, and as I was just coming back from refilling my coffee, I noticed I was walking faster and better already. 

I will not discount the swinging, and that it actually did do a lot for me and my balance and trunk strength, but it's definitely time to stop and continue with normal walking.  Obviously, my legs are ready.

It is hard to get out of the habit of doing something that propels me forward so much faster, but I just keep reminding myself that running someday will be even faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment