Thursday, January 3, 2013

Stretching

Today I will be doing some stretching.  This is something I have not done enough of over the years, and it has definitely taken its toll.  Along with doing my dailies, I need to add in some stretching, no matter how light.  It increases circulation and stimulates the muscles.  That's always a good thing for someone in my condition.

I have been in a lot of pain lately, too.  More so than usual.  It almost feels as if I have arthritis setting in to every single one of my joints, but I think it's just from lack of my thyroid medicine.  I haven't had it in months, but it's here now so we will see if the pain starts to subside.  I know that hypothyroidism makes everything weak, so it's quite possible the pain is from ligaments and tendons being even weaker than I am used to, and because I'm as active as I am, it's causing strain and pain.  If not, then I have arthritis now too.  We can just add that to the list of things I get to tell to F*** off every day when I wake up ;-) (after I wince and cry and it takes me 10 minutes to actually get up, of course)

So, I'm going to do some stretching today.  I'll post some good leg stretches for you.  Then I'm going to do my dailies (30 crunches, 20 push ups, 10 squats).  Maybe I'll even get real ambitious and go climb my hill at the park! (I'll post a pic of that, too).  And, when I say ambitious, I mean if I take enough Ibuprofen that I can actually stand the stair climb and subsequent "stroll" to my car to get to the park to then make the trek up the hill.

Never Give Up

No comments:

Post a Comment