Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Storing Winter Blankets

I used an old standard pillow case and the ties out of crown royal bags to roll up, tie, and store neatly away my heavy winter duvet.

All tucked away til next winter.

Never Give Up


Folded the duvet lengthwise in half once, then again, then again, and then rolled up as tight as I could.  I could have done a neater job if my right elbow wasn't in such bad shape, but you get the idea.  And, there it is, the lonely blue pillow case.
Blanket inside the pillow case and case tied at top.  This will keep out dust and keep my blankie smelling fresh and clean.  I will make a sash of cinnamon and a bay leaf to put under it or behind it to keep the bugs out as it is organic cotton and they love that stuff!
Snug as a bug in a rug (or a duvet in a pillow case in this case) until next winter.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment