Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Difference Between Skinny And Healthy

Yes, there is a difference between skinny and healthy.  It angers me when people confuse the two.  We have been fed so much propaganda and falsities throughout our whole lives, that most people really don't understand the difference. 
 
I just had to rant about this a little bit since I'm currently on a weight-loss path of my own.  I would like to clarify that I'm not trying to get "skinny", but rather I want to get "healthy".  No, it is not healthy to carry too much body fat.  Whether or not it is aesthetically pleasing is not the issue.  The issue is simply your health.  Too much body fat wreaks havoc with every bodily function.  It creates health issues that otherwise wouldn't be there; i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc.  I mean, the list goes on and on, but I think you get the point (or at least I hope you do).  Wanting to be "skinny" can also lead to health issues, especially when someone does it in an improper way, such as eating disorders.
 
Speaking of eating disorders.  I came across this on Pinterest today and it absolutely enraged me:
 
 
The sad part is it's true.  It's not just Demi Lovato, it's everyone.  If you gain a little weight, you're criticized.  If you're too skinny, you're criticized.  If you have muscle and you're a woman, then you look too much like a man.  It's unreal how people treat one another.  The finger pointing has got to stop.  And, the real kicker of it all, especially for me, is that most people who are doing the finger pointing have issues of their own that they could stand to do something about.  How about instead of focusing so much on what others should be doing with their bodies/lives, why don't we take the time to make ourselves better, for ourselves.  Now there's an idea!
 
While I'm at it, I might as well tell you that I absolutely cannot stand the phrase "nothing tastes as good as thin feels".  I used to say that to myself all the time, but I have since revised it.  It should go like this; "nothing tastes as good as healthy feels".  End of story.
 
I would never want to be skinny.  I don't want to be a skeleton with skin hanging on it.  I want to have muscle and be strong and fit and healthy.  I want to lower the amount of fat on my body so that I am healthy and can live a long life (God willing).  I just want to increase my chances of living healthy, and lower my chances of illness and fat-related health issues.  Let's face it people, unhealthy eating makes you unhealthy (not just fat).  Healthy eating makes you healthy, and it's a hell of a lot harder to become overweight when you're eating healthy and paying attention to what you put in your body.
 
Can't we all just try to be healthy inside and out?
 
 
 
Never Give Up

No comments:

Post a Comment