Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Struggle Is Definitely Real: 80 Steps At A Time

"The Struggle Is Definitely Real: 80 Steps At A Time: Some people train to run marathons, I'll settle for walking 100ft on my own power. It has been 12 years since I have walked unassisted ..."

Getting back to my blog is a real eye-opener for me today.  The comment I made in this post "feeling pain is good, right?" has me laughing hysterically at my thinking that was painful.  The pain I've been feeling lately is SO much worse!  Oy.

Although I think the pain I've been feeling and the tightness I've been dealing with in my legs are all good things, I still have days when I wonder why anything good could feel so bad.

What gets me through these trying times is trying to remember the wise old sayings like, "nothing worthwhile comes easy" and "it has to hurt if it's to heal".  I am putting those to the test.

I went from walking with a walker to back in a wheelchair, again.  It's not because of the pain, it's because my legs are too tight and refuse to go straight enough to stand.  No matter what I try and how much I stretch, standing has just not been something I have been able to do for months now.  It really worries me and makes me stressed, but I just try to do the best I can and stretch every day and just keep trying every day.  Some days are better than others.

So, for now I will just keep doing what I can do to try to get back to standing and walking, no matter how much it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment