Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Quickie 7 Series

So, the new chair they fitted me for is a Quickie 7 series.  It has the most amazing back rest, and while being fitted for the chair, the OT was amazed that I've been in my current chair for so long, especially considering I've been sitting all wrong. This current chair has me hunched over, and my hips and back are curving inward at a very unhealthy level. This explains the curve in my lumbar that was found in my last MRI. That is permanent, and was caused by sitting wrong in a wheelchair that was never fitted properly for me. *sad face*

I am praying with every fiber of my being that this new chair goes through because now that I know how terrible my posture has been in the chair I use all day, every day, just sitting in it gives me terrible anxiety and I can't wait to be sitting in a chair that will alleviate a lot of pain and issues. Besides my posture, the new chair is lighter, more narrow, and much easier to get in and out of my car. Life in general will be much easier to live with the new chair. I sure hope Medicare approves at least most of it. I will find a way to scrape together the rest.

She said it can take up to 3 months to find out, but at least it's in the works.

Now, the next step is to get into Physical Therapy, but that will have to wait until my daughter has day care situated for my boy. I will still be crippled up and in need of PT until then.


No comments:

Post a Comment