Saturday, November 3, 2018

Looking Back At U of M

I was just going through some more older posts and came across this one from my visit to U of M. I titled it "My First Visit To U of M", but it ended being my only visit.

That was a wonderful trip. My daughter, grandson and I had a really pleasant time even considering the stressful circumstances. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. It ended up being my only visit because they had no new information to give me other than a "new" diagnosis of Transverse Myelitis. This was not a "new" diagnosis, but a confirmation of a diagnosis given by a neurologist in 1998. He was rude and crude, but he was right. Unfortunately.

Going back through my older posts has been cathartic for me and has given me a new and fresh perspective. I've been on Facebook a lot lately. Mostly browsing groups about Iceland and the like, but even trying to stick to that, it's nearly impossible to stay away from the negative people, the politics and the trolls who just want to argue with anyone who they can goad into doing so. I made a decision today to try to limit my time online and just focus on working and saving and continuing to enjoy my life as I do in a positive and productive manner.

I do appreciate the Facebook groups and they are full of so much valuable information from people who have actually visited the places I wish to go, so I will still visit them to learn more, but I feel that it's imperative to my mental health to limit these visits and to limit my interactions, especially with those who are hell bent on ruining someone else's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment