Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Week Progress: May 3-9, 2009

Today is the fifth day of this week that I walked my 80 steps. So far only once today, but later on it will be twice for a total of 160 steps today. That's a grand total of 800 steps this week! Considering just the week before I was maybe taking 20 steps in an entire week, I'd say that's quite the difference. Now the real question is, is anything happening?




I have not clarified this before, so I will do so now. I can feel and move my entire body. Certain areas better than others, like my arms for instance, however, the fact remains that I can feel and move my legs. They don't exactly feel the same as before, the sensation is rather dull and nondistinctive (and often I feel like bugs are crawling all over my skin), but the feeling is there and I praise God for that. So this brings me to my progress thus far.



I am definitely feeling something. It's mostly pain right now, but pain is good, right? I mean even a laymen would know that if you can feel it, it's working. The nerves are doing their job, and apparently so are the muscles. My legs burn and the muscles are tight and not real happy with me. But this would mean that since they are moving more than they are used to, things are waking up and coming alive again! At least that is my hope.



I figure if I've been driving all these years without hand controls (I wanted to be able to drive bad enough that I just made it work), I'll be able to walk without assistance someday too (insert the 'wanting it bad enough' idea here). And then I'll be able to jog a little, and then run, and then ride a bike, and then...



So this is great news. My first week in and I'm seeing results, and big ones. It might not be the kind of results that mean I can strap on those cute heels I've been saving and go paint the town red, but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day either now was it? And that whole painting the town red thing -- well I WILL do that all in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment