Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Good Morning

Up at 6:00 AM today, I started my day off well. I am a morning person, I usually love to get up as early as I can drag myself out of bed, stumble to the coffee pot to get it going, take a hot shower, and then watch the sun come up while sipping hot coffee. Mornings are the quietest time of the day, and I love to soak it all in. There is something about knowing I have the whole day ahead of me that gives me a sense of peace and relaxes me.

I am contemplating adding a morning ride into my routine. Traffic is slowest first thing in the morning, and it certainly is beautiful outside around then. The humidity here in FL is highest first thing in the morning, but at least it's not quite so hot. If I get the ride over with, then the rest of the day can be focused on work and walking. My only delimma is I love to ride in the sun. I know it's bad for me, blah, blah, but I am a sun worshiper. Put me in the direct sun and I'm golden (quite literally, ha ha). I'm not one of these people who slathers on baby oil and goes out and purposely roasts, and my facial moisturizer has sunscreen, but I love being outside on a sunny day soaking in the Vitamin D and enjoying all the sun's many benefits. Like my favorite nurse in ICU used to tell me when he would come to the nursing home to visit and get me out of bed and take me outside, "Fresh air and sunshine kills bugs".

Perhaps I would benefit from a morning and an afternoon ride, if time permits. There's no reason why that wouldn't be great for me. Heck, come Christmas time I could quite possibly be in the best cardiovascular shape of my life if I'm riding 6 miles a day!

I know the key here is to not just talk about it, or in my case blog about it, and just do it, but it helps me to get these things down on paper so I can weigh the pros and cons and figure out how to implement them into my day without creating chaos.

I suppose tomorrow will be the test. I may as well skip the shower first thing, go for the ride, come back and shower and have my coffee. I would have started this morning, but Wednesdays are garbage day and I don't want to compete with the garbage trucks for space on the road.

So, tomorrow it is. I guess I'll load up the mp3 with some classical music to get my brain set for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment