Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sharing

I encourage everyone who encounters my blog to share their stories.

This gentleman shared his story with me via an email, and with his permission, I am sharing it with all of you:

"Shannon:

I was diagnosed with CIDP (Chronic Immune Demylenating Polyneuropathy) in 1999 and I pitied myself for about a year. Then I got on a bicycle and never looked back. Even though the doctors say I will never completely recover, today it is as though it never happened. I am a Spinning instructor and ride as much as possible.

My wife and I knew an elderly lady who contracted GBS at age 78. She was bedridden and paralyzed for almost a year, but she recovered completely and led an active life until she passed at age 89 from cancer. Except for a slight limp, you would never know she had it.

The bicycle worked for me and I hope it can work for you.

Good luck with your journey.

Richard"

This story brought me to tears. Tears that come from knowing I am not alone, that others have fought and won, and that I can fight and win too!

It brings me great joy and hope to hear other's stories, so please feel free to share. Email me, post a comment, sign my guestbook, or tweet me!

However you choose to get in touch, just reach out and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment