Saturday, September 19, 2009

Horseback Riding

When I was 13 years old, my step-father bought me a horse. She was a roan colored Appaloosa named Sunny, and she was almost 20 years old, but she was in excellent health and could run like the wind.

I thought of her today while looking through photos on someone's myspace and saw their horses. It made me want to go horseback riding again, just another thing to add to the list!

Every day I find new things that motivate and inspire me to try harder. It would seem that the things I want to do most and have been missing out on would constantly be going through my mind, but I locked all of those things away in a little box for many years and threw away the key. Only recently have I been allowing myself to dream about them again, because only recently have I turned over a new leaf and said to myself "you can do this, just get off your ass and try!"

I will ride a horse again, and although Sunny is long since passed, her spirit will ride with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment