Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sources for Motivation

I find my motivation and inspiration in all different places, but lately it has been in quotes. Quotes that I find in forums, blogs, tweets, and more.

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."

~ John Quincy Adams

It's amazing to me how someone's words can have such an impact on how I feel. I never thought of myself as someone who drew from other people's words, especially since anyone can say anything, even if they don't mean it. Words are just text on paper, or on a screen, but they have such a massive impact when arranged a certain way, it almost seems unreal.

When I was living in a nursing home, I would have my bouts of depression and lonliness, feeling like the world didn't care and I would never be happy again, and I found my solace in a little book called, "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff, and It's All Small Stuff", by Richard Carlson. I would read from this book and breathe deeply, realizing that this was just a tiny blip in my life and that I was strong and could handle anything. I would then write in my journal, and presto- chango I felt a thousand times better.

We all draw our strength from unique places. I find writing in my blog and reading other's stories and quotes to be extremely motivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment