Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fear #1 - Chores

Conquered.

You know how the saying goes, where there is a will, there is a way. Us humans are amazingly adaptable creatures, and when in need, we will devise incredible means for getting whatever it is. Just look at how far we've come with technology.

That being said, I was worried about my efficiency at doing every day chores around my home without using my chair. Afterall, it is just me and my daughter here, and although she has her list of normal chores, I do not want to burden her with more. She has a life too.

Problem solved: The very same little barstool that I stole so I could eat my eggs earlier today came in perfectly handy for sitting at the sink doing my dishes. Not only was I comfortable sitting on it, and didn't feel like I would fall, but I sit up way higher than I ever did in my chair, which makes doing the dishes easier.

I'm very good at figuring things out, and yes I had thought of this before, but there was always that little voice telling me no, that it wouldn't work and I wouldn't be able to balance... blah blah blah... FEAR talking.

So, the dishes delimma is solved. Moving on to the next chore and the next solution to doing it without the chair.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"  ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment