Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 50

Day 50 of 2010. I really believe that the older we get, the faster time seems to go. Maybe we just realize it more than we did when we were younger. I guess we had less time to focus on the mundane and more time to focus on other stuff when we were younger.

I woke up with one of those awful kinks in my neck this morning and it has yet to work its way out. It's the kind that makes you turn your whole upper body if you want to painlessly look to the side. I'm hoping that some walking will help it to work its way out and leave me alone. I really don't like having less range of motion then I already do.

I am still behind on my steps for the year so far, but I plan to make up for that gradually as I go. I got in quite a few steps the other day, but fatigue, work, and life in general has gotten in the way of my progress since. I shouldn't allow that to happen, but I do, and nothing I can do to change it except move forward and work harder each day to get my walking in. I figure it's the best workout I can be doing right now, so I should be doing it. Common sense really, but I don't always practice that either.

Sometimes life just seems to get in the way... or more appropriately, sometimes we allow life to get in our way.

I think for this next seven days I will set a goal of 400 steps per day, minimum. That should get my little girl on the ticker moving in the right direction, and hopefully get the scale on my weight-loss ticker going the right way as well.

As some of you might have noticed I added a nifty little step ticker to the top of the page so I no longer need to include how many steps are left to go in each post, it does it for me!

Step count today: 790

No comments:

Post a Comment