Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 51

A little under 1,000 steps to go to get under 90,000 total. I'm excited about that. I did well yesterday, hitting almost 800 for the day. I definitely reached my 400, and then some. I'd like to try to do that every day this week, but keeping my daily goal at 400 makes things a bit easier and puts less pressure on me. Taking 400 steps is much easier than it ever was before, and that makes me so very happy.

I can remember when I first started out and just a few steps seemed impossible. Now I'm taking hundreds in a day without much thought. The effort is certainly still there, but the elements that go into walking are becoming much more refined and tuned. It's a big process walking upright. A person doesn't realize how much of a process until you can no longer do it and have to start from scratch. I'm certainly learning all about it.

I will get my 400 in today at the very least, and hopefully more. I'd like to take my runner across that ticker to under 90,000, but for now I'm sticking to my 400 goal for the day. If I do more, great.

Step count today: 453

2 comments:

  1. You can do this! 5000 steps can be made up by an extra 14 steps per day for 300 days. You're going to be back in front of your goal in no time. I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy, and I know I will. My second knee injury set me back a bit, but it's feeling much better so I'm up and around much more :) Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete