Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 96

Everyday is a new adventure in what can hurt next and how.  I woke up this morning with the strangest pain in my back.  It hurts in the area of where my bra wraps around, only it's wider than that.  It's as if someone beat me in the ribs while I slept (damn cat).  The only thing I can think it could be is sore muscles, or possibly some separated ribs from lifting and moving heavy bags of soil and plants yesterday.  (I don't even want to think of the other things it might be since it is in the area of my lungs.)  I've done that before -- separated my ribs -- and it hurt so bad I swore I'd never do it again.  My daughter always yells at me when I lift heavy things, but I'm stubborn and I can do it, so I like to.  Apparently I'm paying for it today, and I have some gorgeous potted plant creations around my patio to prove it.

I posted before (maybe in my other blog) that I'm out of gardening shape, and this just makes me realize how much.  If I can't throw around bags of soil, and my plants, then it has been much too long since I've been outside playing in the dirt.  I have big plans for my backyard area this year, and I will certainly get one hell of a workout from it.

So, the idea today is to take some Ibuprofen and wait and see.  I wanted to try to walk for an hour today.  I think that would equal out to about 1,200 steps, give or take a couple hundred.  I usually walk about 100 steps in five minutes, but some days I'm slower like I fear I will be today. 

No pain no gain.

Update:  So I took Ibuprofen and it didn't make a bit of difference.  The pain is still too intense to do any kind of walking, or moving for that matter.  I am resting today and will see how I feel tomorrow.  If it's not any better by tomorrow morning I am going to assume it's more than just a back ache, or soreness, and go have it checked. 

Step count today:  0

Steps I'm behind:  7,345

No comments:

Post a Comment