Saturday, July 24, 2010

Prove It

Flashback Friday: Prove It

This is just another great post from Gitzen Girl that I had to share.  The concept of a fortune coming at just the right time is something that I am quite familiar with.  I had almost the exact same thing happen to me, and it spurred me on and really made me start trying hard to walk again.

My mom and I were out to lunch at our favorite cheap and greasy chinese buffet.  We started talking about our lives and what was new, and I mentioned to her I had been walking more and was planning to really give it my all, finally.  She was of course supportive and very excited.  When our fortunes came we did our usual "dance of the cookies" to mix them up and move them around before we pick, and my mother always gets to go first.  Once she had opened and read hers, it was my turn, and this is what mine said:

"It doesn't take guts to quit"

That was it, that did it.  I have been busting my hump ever since, and anytime I get tired and just "don't wanna" I remember that fortune (which I still have in my wallet) and I get off my ass and walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment