Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 229: My Country Kick

I sat here yesterday playing some old-time favorite country music, belting out the lyrics as if no one was listening.  Well, technically, no one was -- at least not that I know of... 

It reminds me of my days growing up in Minnesota and the simplicity of life in general.  I miss that.  I miss having things move a little slower, and mean a lot more.  "Haste makes waste" has never wrang more true to me then at this time in my life.

I am forced to move more slowly now that I am walking, but everything, and everyone around me wants to move at the same pace as before;  the speed of light.  Even if I could walk faster, I no longer wish to move at that speed.

Everyone is in such a hurry all the time they miss out on the important things in life.  I no longer want to miss out on those things.  The whirlwind that was once spinning around my head is now gone, and I plan to keep it that way. 

I'm just afraid if I don't get out of Florida, it will return whether I like it or not.

Step count today:  974

Steps I'm ahead:  1152

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon,

    Not sure if the comment i sent earlier whent through or not, but just in case, i'll try again!

    Ok, i've truly enjoyed following your adventure so far. i've even learned a little about myself by reading how honest you are about yourself, if that makes sense!?

    Anyways, what's keeping you here in Florida if your heart is in Minnesota? Just curious....

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave p,

    Thank you for your encouragement and for following me! I'm glad I have been able to inspire you!

    There are many things keeping me in Florida at the moment, one big one being money. I'm putting plans into the works and hopefully will be moved back to MN by next Summer! :-)

    ReplyDelete