Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 246: Never, Ever Give Up!

I was able to take my over-ground walker to the trail today, and I managed to walk about a third of it.  That's not the whole trail like I had planned, but it's a start.  It added up to a thousand steps, which is more than I have been taking in an entire day.  Between the Florida heat, and the fact that I didn't eat properly before I left, I just didn't want to take any chances on hurting myself because I'm stubborn.  By the time I got back to the car and had to navigate the downhill slope, I was in excruciating pain, so it's probably best I only did what I did anyway.

That trail will be my measure of progress from here on.  I know how far I was able to walk before sitting, and how far I was able to go before heading back to the car.  Let's hope each time I go I can push it a little further.

No comments:

Post a Comment