Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Getting Healthy

I swear, why does being healthy have to be so boring?  I mean, shouldn't the idea of doing better for your body and giving yourself a chance to live longer be enough excitement?  ... Nahhhh.

I have made a deal with myself that I will allow myself to drink again once I hit 150 lbs.  I have been struggling with my weight for years, upon years, upon years.  I used to be 225 pounds at my heaviest!  I've lost a small animal so far, but still have another small animal to go, so I figured if I give myself some incentive it'll be a little bit easier to choke down those salads and say "No, thanks" when offered a beer.  :((  I do miss my beer!

I also realized that using a wheelchair occasionally has been injuring my elbow, or at least not allowing it to heal, so I have to stop doing that and just use the walker.  It would seem like it would be the opposite, but it's not.  I went two days without using the chair and my elbow started to feel better, then I used the chair again and it hurts again.  UGH.

So, I suppose I'll have to stop using the chair again just to see if my elbow will heal.  I like using the chair to give my legs a bit of a break and time to rest, but also for cleaning and doing the things that normally take me a month to do with the walker.  Oh well, I guess it's for the best to continue with my forward progress of trying to walk unassisted.  But, it still sucks.

So, in 15 pounds I can have an ice cold beer, and I will!  (or maybe even several)

Never Give Up

No comments:

Post a Comment