Thursday, March 14, 2013

No More Alcohol

I made the decision yesterday to take a 90-day break from drinking any form of alcohol.  I have been having such pain in my arms, and struggling so much with an injury to my right elbow, that I feel drinking only worsens these injuries and maybe I should avoid it until they heal, or possibly forever.

I enjoy an ice cold beer on a hot day as much as the next guy (or gal in my case), but in my condition, and with my history of lack of self control, I end up drinking more than I should, and then I put way too much strain on my arms to walk with my walker to get where I need to go without falling over. 

I will give it 90 days clean and sober and see how I feel then.  Even if I do decide to enjoy a cold one again, it will be only when I have the time to recover afterward, and in a way that won't put quite so much strain on my upper body. 

Another plus to 90 days of no alcohol will be more weight loss.  I still have about 25 pounds to lose, and omitting alcohol will only make that easier to accomplish.

So, today is Day 2.  I'm actually looking very much forward to detoxifying my body and healing a bit more.

Never Give Up

No comments:

Post a Comment