Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A New And Improved Me: Day 4

So far, so good.  I'm keeping on track with clean eating and an attempt to detox my body before the big surgery.  I still am not sure when that's going to be, but it will be soon, and I will call my doc tomorrow morning to find out for sure.

I'm on a hair and makeup kick lately, and I've been spending a LOT of time on Pinterest looking at different hair colors and styles.  I'm getting rather creative with some ideas of what I want to do with my hair color.  I just went back to my traditional medium brown, but I get so bored with just one color, so I'm going to play around a bit and see what I come up with.  Yes, I will share my results, good or bad (eeks, no pressure).

All in all I'm staying on track, and it's not hard to do knowing I have a goal set.  Even when I get cravings for bad things, it's a lot easier to put them out of my mind when I remind myself of how healthy I want to be when I go under the knife.  I'm scared enough the way it is, so at least I can ease my mind a bit knowing I've done all I can to make sure all goes well.

I'm really excited to start trying some detox smoothies, but I have to buy a blender first!  I know, it's 2013 and I don't have a blender.  I don't have a microwave either!  Although, the microwave thing is just by choice.  I don't like them.  I think they are harmful to you, and I think they create more opportunities to get fat.  At least I know they do for me.  Besides all that, I love to cook, and when I say cook, I mean cook!  The good old fashioned way of cooking.  Like, from scratch. 

So, once I manage to get out and buy my blender, (Friday, I hope) I am going to start trying out smoothie recipes and I'll let you know how they turn out, how they taste, and which ones I'll be drinking on the regular and which ones I'll be pouring down the drain and never visiting again. ;-)



Never Give Up

No comments:

Post a Comment