Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Butterfly Mom: Inspiration

I've been spending a lot of time on Pinterest lately.  Since my new health issues, I can't do much physical work, so I have turned to either laying on the couch watching TV (which I HATE), or sitting in my chair going through Pinterest (which I have come to love).  In between those two things I try to get as much done as I can in the way of chores.  (I can assure you the first thing I'll be doing when I recover from surgery is a top-to-bottom cleaning of my apartment!)

Anyway, while browsing through Pinterest, I came across a pin I really liked, and decided to do a little more digging into the person who pinned it.  After looking through some of her boards, I then visited her blog, and boy was I hooked.  I love her writing style, but I also couldn't help but be drawn to her, as a person.  After a little more reading, I came across her cancer story.  Wow.  What a champion.

I just wanted to share this awesome blog with you.  Her name is Brittney, and her blog is The Butterfly Mom.  If you're looking for some interesting reading, or good tips and tricks about just about everything, then pay her a visit.  Just from reading her blog, I can tell she has the kind of personality of someone I would enjoy being around.  She's a tough little fighter, and from what I can tell, a great mom.  She's in remission from her bout with skin cancer, and I hope and pray it stays that way.

After just going through the biopsy process and cancer scare, I am constantly grateful that I didn't get the phone call that she did.  The one where the doctor gives you their personal cell number and home number, and you just know that it's going to be bad.  I got very, very lucky, and I'm very, very grateful.



Never Give Up

No comments:

Post a Comment