Friday, October 26, 2018

Words Are Meaningless Without Action



A picture is worth a thousand words because words are meaningless without action. A person can say words all day long but never actually follow them up with actions. I learned this the hard way growing up.

I was just browsing someone's Facebook timeline who I used to be close to and it was full of posts that were nothing but empty words. I know this to be absolutely true. Words about being "happy" and "thankful". Words about wanting less. Words about love. Words. Empty, meaningless, overused words. I heard "I love you" every day of my life from someone who has never loved anyone but themselves. I never saw any actual loving actions. All I saw was a narcissistic, selfish, word spouting liar. Someone who used whatever words necessary to fit the situation and get their way. Not getting their way meant everyone around them suffering the consequences. I suffered those consequences my entire life until I realized who this person really was inside. I believed those empty words they spoke for most of my life until I finally came to the realization that anyone can say anything at any time, but unless it's followed with the corresponding actions, it means absolutely nothing. The words aren't even worth the air on which they are spoken.

I'm thankful I learned my lesson. I am thankful that life has shown me to pay closer attention to someone's actions rather than believing their words. This is why I love animals and children so much; neither of them can show their feelings without action because they don't know how to use words to lie.


No comments:

Post a Comment