Saturday, January 2, 2010

Making Each Day Count

I've always wanted to start a year by making each and every day count for something.  No matter what I do, I want to look back and know that each day mattered.  It doesn't always have to mean hard work or something spectacular, it could mean spending the day with my daughter doing the things she enjoys... but to me, that would be spectacular.

So far this year (which we are into by one day) I have done just that.  I really tried hard yesterday to make it a day worth talking about.  I took 300 steps for the first time since hurting my knee, managed to work on my kitchen floor, and did the normal every day mundane things in between (like taking down the Christmas decorations).  I worked on my diet plan and mapped out how to approach that in a way I think I will have the most success, and I just prepared myself in general for the year ahead.

I even managed to have a comical rant about being fat and entered it into my other blog:
Thoughs on Being Fat

Apparenlty, I have surpassed my anxiety and have just moved right on to the gotta-do-what-you-gotta-do phase. 

My mother even moved into her own apartment yesterday... so there is another milestone to start the year.  We do miss her around here, but it's also nice to have our own space back.  Afterall, she is just right down the road.

I'm really looking forward to the next 364 days and what they will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment