Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 2

On an absolutely perfect day, I hit the park.  My plan was to climb my bridge and do four miles in the chair.  My first plan went to hell when halfway to the park I realized I had forgotten my crutch.  OK, so I'm not climbing the bridge today, I can live with it, I'll just get my steps in when I get home.  After getting to the park and getting in my chair, something feels "off".  Each time I push forward, it's as if the chair is coming right back at me.  It's almost like someone is pulling me back as I try to push forward.  I look down and I see that one of my casters has come off its bearing which is causing friction and cannot be fixed.  I need a new caster that I can't afford.  I trudge on anyway.

By the time I get done with the two miles, both my shoulders are cramped up tight and my forearms feel shredded.  It was the hardest two miles I've ever done.

Needless to say on a day when it was all I could do just to get the motivation to go to the park in the first place, I'm done for the day.  I'll just have to make up for not getting my steps in some other time.  My arms hurt too bad and I'm completely worn out.

99,700 steps to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment