Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 120

Wow, what a day!  Four miles in my chair at the park, and then I came home to do a couple hours of good old fashioned hard gardening.  I don't have any fancy power equipment -- no sir -- I use nothing but hand tools and elbow grease.  We planted our blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, bell peppers, tomatoes, and of course a plethora of herbs to help naturally keep the pests away from our 100% organic fruits and veggies.  I have blisters on my hands and am in desperate need of a shower, but it was oh so worth it!  The blackberries are almost ready to harvest and my mouth waters at the thought.  It's just the beginning, we have many more veggies to go in the ground, but that was all we could manage today with what energy we had left.

So, as far as walking is concerned I didn't do a whole lot, just going back and forth to get my chair out of the bed of the truck, and put it back in, but I definitely got a lot of exercise, which is also very important in my recovery process.  I have to have endurance and strength, and I notice after I do cardio that the increased blood flow increases strength in my legs.  Woo hoo!

So, tomorrow will be my day for lots of walking and crawling.  It is my rest day for cardio so I won't have to put on any miles which will leave time for steps.

Step count today:  70

Steps I'm behind:  7,186

No comments:

Post a Comment