Monday, April 12, 2010

My new trail i just walked 335 steps on :)


For the first time ever, I walked 335 steps with minimal breaks. That's almost half the length of this trail :^)

This was also a huge moment for me because it's the first time I've felt brave enough to walk in front of people.  I know I must get over that fear, but it has been a tough one.  I hate that I walk funny, and I hate even more that people stare and watch me struggle.  Not everyone of course, but some.  Today, as I was walking along, I passed several people (or more appropriately they passed me) on the trail who glanced at me and kept on going, helping me to stomp all over the fear of people staring.  Actually, I met some really cool folks today, and I was able to appreciate my height for the first time in a while.  All in all it was a fantastic day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment