Sunday, August 25, 2013

New And Improved Me: Day 1

So today is day 1 of my new and improved me plan, and so far I've done quite well.  I'm sticking to healthy and clean eating (aside from those few small spoons full of my homemade baked beans), and I've managed to squeeze in some "me" improvements like dying my greys away and clipping my nails and toe nails.  I think as women, we tend to forget the importance of the little things that just make us feel good, and when we feel good, we want to continue to do things to make ourselves feel, and look, even better.  Whenever I dye my hair, paint my nails, give myself a full body scrub and then lotion; I always manage to eat better as well.  I figure if I'm going to take the time to do the outer physical improvements, then I should do it right and take the time for the inner improvements as well.

As a single mother, I know I tend to let my needs go by the wayside in lieu of taking care of my child's needs first.  Now that I'm getting older, and so is she, I am realizing how much I have neglected myself over the years!  Although I'll never stop being a mom, no matter how old she gets, it's time to start taking better care of myself.  Afterall, if I'm ok, she'll be ok. So, with this pending surgery will come a new found respect for myself and some more steps in creating a new and even better "me".

On the agenda for the rest of my day will be eating a healthy supper; most likely oatmeal with unsweetened almond milk, sliced bananas, cinnamon, and stevia for sweetener.  I know that doesn't sound like a "normal" supper, but it's what I'm craving and it's certainly healthy and low cal so I'm going for it.  Once I've eaten I can take my supplements which include an Omega 3 fish oil, Vitamin C made from Rose Hips, Zinc, Vitamin E, and half a multi-vitamin.  If I get snacky later I will turn to a banana.  Once my food digests a little, I will try to squeeze in a couple yoga poses for some light stretching, and to see what I am capable of doing.

It will be nice to start off my Monday on the right foot.



Never Give Up

No comments:

Post a Comment