Tuesday, August 27, 2013

New And Improved Me: Day 3

I had a little slip today and ate sugar (candy) on the way to my doctor's appointment, but I knew better than to let myself get that hungry.  I was in a time crunch, but still, no excuses.  I didn't go too crazy, but now I will have to endure those three days of cravings again before that goes away and I could care less about sugar.  I always feel so much better when I just avoid sugar all together.  Yesterday, I did very well.  I ate a lot of bananas because for some reason or another I was craving them, and I had a very healthy salad and some oatmeal with honey, cinnamon and a little almond milk.  I've grown to LOVE almond milk, and I actually like the unsweetened version much better than the sweetened, not to mention it's less than half the calories at only 30 calories per serving.  Plus, it's low carb and very good for you!  Can't go wrong there.

So, I saw the Endocrinologist today and he says my thyroid levels are fine to proceed with surgery.  Yay!  Now, I will call my other doctor tomorrow morning and find out when we can get me on the table and get this devil baby out of me!  I'm guessing it's going to be September 9th, or at least I'm hoping!  He only does surgeries on Monday, and this coming Monday is Labor Day.  I'm really looking forward to the relief and a new chapter in my life.  I will be sans uterus, sans giant tumor, and thyroid on the level.  I will feel like a new woman!

I just keep telling myself that everything I put in my body from now on is going to affect my health and recovery.  I also keep repeating to myself that I want the body that can wear anything again.  I loved that feeling.  Most of my life I was skinny and able to wear whatever I wanted and look good in it.  I want that again.  I'm tired of my "fat" clothes, and I'm tired of not having any sort of fashion in my life because I was too busy hiding behind whatever was big enough to cover me.  And, I'm just tired of being tired all the time.  Even just this extra 20 pounds I have left is enough to drag me down, especially since my lower half is already limited. 

Pinterest keeps me motivated as well.  Whenever I get a craving or want to eat the wrong things, I go to the health and fitness category and look at all the beautiful and fit bodies and remind myself that can be me.  I have to start with mostly diet right now since my body is limited with tumor, stiffness and pain, but once I'm healed up I'll be back on a fitness regimen in no time!

Follow Me on Pinterest 



Never Give Up

No comments:

Post a Comment