Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"And on the seventh day, He rested."

Resting: Something I am not real familiar with, I am usually go, go, go. Since I've been working a lot harder at walking again and really taxing my body, I have been doing a lot more reading, and what I have read so far, and pretty much everywhere, is that I need to rest. I always knew the body needed rest, that's why we sleep at night, but apparently I need actual rest days... whole days in which I allow my body to heal and repair and build.

These past two days that is exactly what I did. I didn't do a whole lot else besides rest, and now today I am ready to get back at it. My legs are tight and sore and have that spastic feel to them, but I use this to my advantage as it helps me in my therapy.  The spasticity is a false sense of added strength for a little while, like a new rubber band that is still tight and hard to stretch, it's strong.  They hurt and burn and feel like an alien part of my body instead of a natural part of it, but that's all part of the healing process.

So on my agenda for today is to ride my exercise bike and walk.  I should probably try for at least 500 steps.  I guess I will see how I feel when I actually stand on these sticks that feel like hot pokers attached to my hips.









Please visit one of my favorite sponsors: DeezTeez.com


2 comments: